Nurturing Connection, Learning, and Meaning
Inviting you to join: The Konbit
The Konbit is a group of Haiti Partners supporters focused on nurturing connection, learning, and meaning while growing support for students and families in Haiti. “Konbit” is Haitian-Creole for a traditional form of cooperative communal labor in Haiti, whereby the able-bodied folk of a locality help each other prepare their fields. It is a time for solidarity and cooperation, especially in the face of adversity. The Konbit is a way to bring our supporters more deeply into the dialogue and learning process that take place among our staff in Haiti and the US.
As a member of The Konbit, you will receive:
- Inspiration through stories and images of the people you’re helping.
- The opportunity to connect with other like-minded people who are committed to the same cause and to life-long learning toward becoming better global citizens and our best selves.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you’re helping to change the life trajectory of Haitian students and their families.
We invite you to donate today to become a member of The Konbit. By making a gift of $20/month, or a one-time gift of $500 or more, you will receive regular postings of inspiration, information, and reflections. Member of The Konbit are encouraged to post reflections and to share resources that help us to learn and grow as engaged global citizens.
At Haiti Partners, we believe:
- We in the US and other developed countries have an enormous responsibility in a world that is growing increasingly fragile. We consider it a privilege to work with Haitians in support of quality education for their children.
- A culture of collective change-making is required to address global challenges. We also believe that our Haitian brothers and sisters at the Children’s Academy are onto something with their commitment to life-long learning and personal growth.
Haiti Partners is committed to helping Haitians change Haiti through education AND to cultivating connection, learning and meaning among the growing network of supporters in the US and other countries. We treasure the gifts from people in the US and elsewhere that make this work possible.