Because of you 2015 was an incredible year for Haiti Partners:
- Micah Scholars Graduate! – Our first 13 students graduated from seminary and are now working in churches and businesses while incorporating their training on women’s and children’s rights. In August we accepted a new class of 5 Scholars.
- Children’s Academy and Learning Center Grows – to 153 students, ranging from Pre-K to first grade. Parents of these students worked 24,620 service-hours benefitting the school!
- Primary Education – provided to over 1,000 students in our six partner schools. These students range from Pre-K through seventh grade.
- Entrepreneurial pilot course – with 7 men and women from the Children’s Academy community. Participants contributed to a savings fund, and each came up with a unique business idea and proposal.
- Launched Language Hangouts – to improve language skills of Haitian ESL students by connecting them for weekly conversations with native English speakers via video conferencing. The pilot and each of the three 8-week sessions engaged 28 Haitian English students and resulted in over 1,000 hours of volunteer time during 2015.
- Accreditation/Award – Received accreditation from the Better Business Bureau, meeting all 20 Standards for Charity Accountability. Also, for the sixth year in a row we were named to WorldBlu’s list of Most Freedom-Centered Workplaces.
- Haiti Visitors and Volunteers – We hosted more than 100 visitors of one week or less and 10 volunteers staying between two weeks and six months.
Thank you for making all this and more possible in 2015! We’re grateful to be partners in this work with you. Thank you for helping Haitians change Haiti through education.