Artisan Paper Social Business in Haiti Seeks Entrepreneurial Hand-Made Paper-Making Partner
Haiti needs your help and through Haiti Partners, your help can make a real difference!
- Do you have expertise in entrepreneurial businesses?
- Do you have a background in producing artisan paper in a business setting?
- Do you possess a passion for an underserved population that needs supporters who believe in them?
If these questions describe you, then what better way to “give back” than to help our team at Haiti Partners succeed in producing artisan paper products while helping fund Haiti Partners’ Children’s Academy?
We have existing workspace and available labor but lack the expertise to take this idea to the next level. We are looking for someone with the flexibility and willingness to come to Haiti for a 2-3 month stay in early 2016 and accomplish the following objectives:
- Tour the existing facilities, meet with our team, work with local business people and evaluate natural resources that make the Children’s Academy and Learning Center (CALC) so unique.
- Working with the support of Haiti Partners staff and an existing Advisory team, develop and present an effective business plan to establish a hand-made paper-making business at the CALC
- Create a minimal viable product that could be used to show our competencies in making paper and the creativity of the community
- As part of the business plan, identify the appropriate markets and products for handmade paper and create a realistic projection of revenue for 2016 and 2017
- Include in the business plan a grounded proposal to equip the business with the necessary tools to create and distribute the paper products, within Haiti and the US
- Identify and deliver training with awareness to create effective and empathetic leaders in this business
A successful candidate would possess the following expertise and abilities:
- 3-5 years of experience with a small or medium sized artisan paper business
- Ability to create a grounded vision and budget for a 6-month – 3 year time horizon
- Ability to effectively manage a team of approximately 10 – 20 parent volunteers – parents work 4 hours a week as volunteers for the school and we anticipate that these individuals would be making paper under the guidance of this individual
- Exceptional problem solving skills with an entrepreneurial focus
- Strong communication skills to keep others informed of the progress, challenges and successes
- Research skills to identify the most profitable products and markets for on-going revenue to support the school.
A successful candidate may be eligible for a stipend and/or room and board to defray costs of providing their time and expertise in Haiti.
If you’re interested in this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Haiti Partners helps Haitians change Haiti through education by working with schools, churches, and organizations to transform their communities. This year we’re helping more than 1,000 children receive a quality education in six partner schools, expanding our Children’s Academy and Learning Center, training over 1,000 church leaders in faith and justice issues, and providing dozens of young leaders with full scholarships to Haitian seminaries as they apprentice with our work to mobilize churches for holistic mission and the common good.
For a downloadable version of this notice, click here.