Join us on a Social Impact Travel trip!
Our family has taken cruises, visited Disney, and spent weeks on the beach in Florida and nothing compares to the deep, rich, memorable experience we had as a family staying 7 days at Bellevue in Haiti with Haiti Partners. Visiting the Children’s Academy every day and seeing the smiles, laughter and effort put forth from the students, teachers and parents was inspiring and life changing for us and our children. The food, accommodations and love from the Haitian team at the Bellevue guest house was like staying at a 5 star resort. We will be coming back on a regular basis.
~ Andy and Deanna Slamans
We’re creating a calendar for our trips to Haiti. We invite you to sign up to either organize one with your friends and/or family/co-workers or to join one. To do so, simply fill out this form.
The purpose of these trips, which we refer to as Social Impact Travel, is to…
Get out of our bubbles and discover deeper meaning and joy.
If you’re reading this, you’re most likely part of the bubble of the world’s privileged. We at Haiti Partners are greatly encouraged that so many of you are investing in a brighter future for underprivileged children. We’re deeply concerned though about the implications of 264 million children around the world not going to school and hundreds of millions more who are going to schools that teach them to maintain the status quo and perpetuate broken societies.
We invite you to come to Haiti as part of our Social Impact Travel to learn more about the issues of education in poor countries around the world, to experience the Children’s Academy school-based community development model, to connect with Haitians and to reflect and grow. We invite you to engage in making a difference with us toward discovering deeper meaning and joy.
Activities that can be part of your Haiti trip include:
- Children’s Academy Opening Circle – participate in morning fun with students
- Time with students – Help with English, soccer/ basketball, games, etc
- Hand papermaking – Make handmade paper and do art with our team
- Engage with parents – Gardening and working on building projects
- Afternoon Youth Program – soccer, basketball, English, technology, music, dance
- Hike to Fort Jacques – a historical fort built by former slaves after winning their independence
- Museum about Haitian history
- Port au Prince sites such as the famous Hotel Oloffson
- Art gallery, boutiques and areas famous for street art and crafts
- Take in the natural Carribean beauty in the mountains of Haiti (click here for photos of Bellevue guesthouse) nestled in the woods with an abundance of hummingbirds.
- Enjoy delicious, fresh, healthy meals which are a fusion of Haitian and international cuisine made with organic vegetables grown either at school or guesthouse property.
- Go swimming and have a meal at Hotel Montana or Karibe Hotel
- Go to beach – Click here
The timeframes we’re booking trips are:
- June 22 – July 10
- Sept 1 – Oct 6
- Oct 28 – Nov 9
- Nov. 16 – 25
- Dec 10-20
- Dec 28 – Jan 7, 2019
We’ll create a 4-7 day experience that allows you to serve, learn and reflect. Again, the aim is to get out of our bubbles and discover deeper meaning and joy. Trips will be customized based on the goals of groups whether they’re families, co-workers or friends.
Guests come away from their time in Haiti with a sense of renewal and a commitment to live in a more meaningful, purposeful way.
We look forward to hearing from you!
With love and gratitude,
John and Merline Engle
PS: To indicate your interest and timeframe please fill out this short form.