Development Coordinator Position Announcement
Haiti Partners, a faith-based (Christian) 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, is seeking a full-time Development Coordinator to be based near their Vero Beach, Florida, office. Working in coordination with the co-directors, the development coordinator will be responsible for handling all aspects of fundraising and donor relations, as well as taking a leadership role in communications. A successful development coordinator will inspire new and existing donors to continually increase their support for Haiti Partners in ways that the donor finds joyful and meaningful.
– Connect with donors, averaging 15-20 meetings per month.
– Manage donor database system in Salesforce.
– Coordinate donor meetings and communications for co-directors.
– Provide regular updates and thank-you messages to donors and supporters.
– Serve as liaison for events hosted by donors and supporters.
– Coordinate with donors doing personal fundraising campaigns.
– Serve as representative to Canadian agency handling donors in Canada.
– Work with board members to coordinate events and fundraising efforts.
– Manage certification requirements with BBB and ECFA.
– Recruit new supporters including individuals, churches, businesses, foundations.
– Evaluate how to grow in communities where we are connected and find ways to connect with new communities.
– Create regular fundraising reports.
– Oversee regular communications, including but not limited to: annual campaigns (end of year, end of fiscal year), monthly updates, holiday messages, etc.
– Manage websites for Haiti Partners and Kent Annan: make regular updates, monitor engagement, create new content, etc.
Oversee social media and all forms of digital communication.
– Create content for annual report, campaigns, thank-yous, etc., while in US and on trips to Haiti.
– At least 3 years professional experience working in development for a small to mid-size nonprofit.
– Strong at presenting the work of Haiti Partners, with everyone from the head of a foundation to a $10/month donor.
– Strong writer.
– Website development skills: comfortable with WordPress and basic CSS and HTML skills.
– Familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
– Experience planning and executing fundraising campaigns, projects, and events.
– Experience growing a strong social media presence a plus.
Approach & Culture
– Team player and self-starter: work collaboratively with both Haitian and American colleagues; but also have the entrepreneurial drive to conceive and implement new projects with minimal supervision. Make everyone around you better at their job.
– Problem solver and strategic thinker: find ways around the obstacles to get the job done and make Haiti Partners more effective. Shape the big picture and connect all the dots. No problem is too big or too small to start working on.
– Strong finisher: multitask and prioritize well, meet deadlines, take the initiative to fill in the gaps, and follow tasks through to the end.
– Relentlessly improving: looking for ways to sharpen your skills, increase your efficiency, respond well to feedback, and learn more.
– Sense of humor: the work is hard, heartbreaking, yet hopeful. Laughing together is essential.
– Language: English-based. Knowledge of Haitian Creole or French is an advantage.
– Team player: Willing to collaborate and share ideas, assist in other areas of the work
Location: Based in or near Vero Beach, Florida (or South/Central Florida area). Ready to travel up to 25% of the year.
Salary & Benefits: Commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits include health insurance stipend, 2 weeks paid vacation, plus 9 holidays.
Haiti Partners: Helps Haitians change Haiti through education by working with schools, churches, and entrepreneurship. Details at haitipartners.wpengine.com
Next: Send cover letter and c.v. to jobs