Grant position opportunity announcement
Updated August 5, 2015
Thank you for your interest in this position. Having received many suitable applications, we are no longer accepting new ones. We are currently in the process of carefully reviewing applications and will repost the position description if we do not fill it as expected.
Thank you again for your interest!
July 27, 2015
Entrepreneurship Program Grant Project Manager
Haiti Partners – a small faith-based (Christian) 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization – is seeking a project manager to oversee the execution of a private grant to research and develop an entrepreneurship education program for use in Haiti. This person will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with a select team of HP staff to collaboratively determine the character and direction of the entrepreneurship education program.
- Identify and cultivate partnerships with organizations, businesses, and experts who can provide training resources, technical assistance, and fully-formed curricula that we can adapt for use in the Haitian context.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with individuals, organizations, and businesses that will provide long-term financial support to sustain this work.
- Work with HP staff to adapt and pilot the new curriculum.
- Work with HP staff to develop indicators and other means through which the ongoing effectiveness of the new program can be measured and reported on.
The Entrepreneurship Program Grant Project Manager position is funded through a recently acquired private grant. The grant period will end June 30, 2016. Thus, funding for this position will also run out at this time. We hope, however, to extend the position provided that funding can be secured for it during the initial grant period.
Haiti Partners helps Haitians change Haiti through education by working with schools, churches, and organizations to transform their communities. This year we’re helping more than 1,000 children receive a quality education in six partner schools, expanding our Children’s Academy and Learning Center, training over 1,000 church leaders in faith and justice issues, and providing dozens of young leaders with full scholarships to Haitian seminaries as they apprentice with our work to mobilize churches for holistic mission and the common good.
- Significant project management experience.
- Significant program development experience.
- Experience living/working/visiting in Haiti.
- Experience developing partnerships and fundraising.
- Team player and Self-Starter: work collaboratively with both Haitian and American colleagues; but also have the entrepreneurial drive to conceive and implement initiatives with minimal supervision.
- Problem solver and strategic thinker: find ways around the obstacles to get the job done and to build great teams that can ensure success. Shape the big picture and connect all the dots. No problem is too big or too small to start working on.
- Lead by Example: Model the behavior we’re looking for in others especially when it comes to humility and service. Be a servant-leader.
- Strong finisher: multitask and prioritize well, meet deadlines, take the initiative to fill in the gaps, and follow tasks through to the end.
- Relentlessly improving: looking for ways to sharpen your skills, increase your efficiency, respond well to feedback, and learn.
- Sense of humor: our work is hard, heartbreaking, yet hopeful. Laughing together is essential.
- Faith: Haiti Partners is a faith-based organization. While not all staff members are Christian, the organization is Christian and has collective practices of prayer and devotions.
- Must be prepared to travel to Haiti up to several times during the course of the grant.
Salary & Benefits:
As part of the grant mentioned above there is an overall amount approved by board for this position. Based on the level of experience we’re looking for and the limited amount of funds allocated for this position, we assume two things: 1) It will likely not be a full time position and 2) the person who is willing to take this work on does it out of a sense of being called to do it as opposed to pursuing market value compensation.
Next: Send cover letter, c.v./resume and any reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Entrepreneurship Project Manager” in the subject line. Please include references.