Thank you and Happy New Year!
December 31, 2012
Kent and John, on behalf of Haiti Partners’ staff and network of Haitian students, educators, and community leaders, want to thank you for being in this with us. Thanks to YOU, 2012 has been an extremely productive year. Here’s what you’ve made possible:
- Our six partner schools are providing better education to 1,000 students
- We launched Children’s Academy and Learning Center
- Our first class of 15 Micah Scholars successfully completed their first year of seminary, and we added a 2nd class of 10 Scholars. All 25 are actively interning in our work to mobilize churches on behalf of restavek children.
- Hundreds of churches have received resources and training to deepen their faith and engage for justice, particularly on behalf of Haiti’s 250,000 restavek children (children in servitude)
- 100 community leaders and elected officials where large industrial park is being built completed 6-month Circles of Change training thanks to our partnership with USAID
- A governance plan was created collectively, 140 community members received training in democratic decision-making, and a home-owners association was formed at Habitat for Humanity’s new 280 home village
- $700K has been secured to launch 3 social businesses to support 5 of our partner schools and our Children’s Academy
- WOZO Youth Choir participated in an all expense-paid choral festival in Puerto Rico
Thanks to you, it’s been a great year. We’re excited about what we can accomplish together in 2013. We’re dreaming big and continue to put strategies in place to achieve these dreams. We give thanks to God and to all of you who are making this work possible. We invite those who are not yet involved to join in all this with us. Happy New Year and Thank You again.