Seeking social entrepreneur to help establish new paper making start-up!
Lead Social Entrepreneur (paid position/stipend)
Haiti Partners is looking for a courageous, innovative entrepreneur to create and manage a start-up effort in a vibrant community outside Port-Au-Prince, Haiti. Now is the right time for the right person to take our many resources and skills, and activate them for the good of this community. This role is for someone with the flexibility, enthusiasm and willingness to work with a Haitian Community for a 6-month commitment to accomplish the following objectives:
- Nurture the paper making business from concept to profitability to help fund the Children’s Academy and Learning Center (CALC), our community school.
- Research markets to identify the appropriate artisan products and partners, and to create realistic projections of short term revenue.
- Bring these plans to creative fruition in partnership with the paper artisan and key partners.
- Get the funding to launch this enterprise. ($10K already committed)
You will have many resources supporting you in this effort:
- A paper artisan with experience in making paper for cards, bags and paper based art.
- Volunteer parents (10 -20) with 4 hours of service time per week to provide to the paper making business.
- 2,500 square foot space with diesel generator and ready supply of water.
- An engaged community in Haiti who want to see businesses come to their area and are enthusiastic about this venture.
- Leadership within Haiti Partners, an active volunteer Advisory Team with design, marketing and entrepreneurial experience, and our Board of Directors.
We would expect that half of the committed time would be in Haiti and half would be in the US.
For additional information about this endeavor including information on the community and resources, click here.
Submit resumes or direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org